Please click on the link below for a guide to pre-registering.
Enrollment for the 2019-2020 academic year will begin on November 1, 2018. Our enrollment process includes three phases: application, seat offering and acceptance, and final registration.
Applications accepted for K-9th Grade for Sumter County residents: November 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019
- If applications do not exceed capacity, Sumter County students will be offered available seats on a first-come, first serve basis
- If the number of Sumter County applicants exceeds capacity, a lottery for Sumter County residents will be held on February 15, 2019, at 4:00pm in the UCS Auditorium.
Enrollment for Sumter County residents is now closed.
Applications accepted for K-9th Grade non-Sumter County residents: February 1, 2019 – February 28, 2019
- If the number of applicants exceeds space remaining after Sumter County registration, a lottery for non-Sumter residents will be held on March 6, 2019
- If the number does not exceed availability, this lottery will not be necessary, and students will be offered available seats on a first-come, first-served basis
- “Non-Sumter County residents” is defined as :
- all Alabama residents that reside in any county other than Sumter County OR
- Mississippi residents that meet one of the following criteria:
- legal guardian is employed in Sumter County OR
- residence is located within 15 miles of the Sumter County line
Enrollment for Non-Sumter County residents is now closed.
Seat Offering and Acceptance:
Students offered seats at UCS via the enrollment process will receive letters from UCS. Parents/Guardians must then accept or decline the seat in that grade in order to move into the final registration process.
Following acceptance of a seat offer, the seat is held for the student, additional information and forms will be submitted for completion of final registration and enrollment.