Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment COMING SOON – February 2019
Enrollment for the 2019-2020 academic year will begin on November 1, 2018. Our enrollment process includes three phases: application, seat offering and acceptance, and final registration.
Applications accepted for K-9th Grade for Sumter County residents: November 1, 2018 – December 14, 2018
- If applications do not exceed capacity, Sumter County students will be offered available seats on a first-come, first serve basis
- If the number of Sumter County applicants exceeds capacity, a lottery for Sumter County residents will be held on December 18, 2018
Applications accepted for K-9th Grade non-Sumter County residents: January 2, 2019 – January 31, 2019
- If the number of applicants exceeds space remaining after Sumter County registration, a lottery for non-Sumter residents will be held on Feb 5, 2019
- If the number does not exceed availability, this lottery will not be necessary, and students will be offered available seats on a first-come, first-served basis
- “Non-Sumter County residents” is defined as :
- all Alabama residents that reside in any county other than Sumter County OR
- Mississippi residents that meet one of the following criteria:
- legal guardian is employed in Sumter County OR
- residence is located within 15 miles of the Sumter County line
Beginning November 1, 2019, the online application will be available to families residing in Sumter County using the SchoolMint portal. We encourage all prospective students and their families to create an account and set up a profile now on SchoolMint to become familiar with the platform and to be prepared for the opening of enrollment.
Seat Offering and Acceptance:
Students offered seats at UCS via the enrollment process will receive letters from UCS. Parents/Guardians must then accept or decline the seat in that grade in order to move into the final registration process.
Following acceptance of a seat offer, the seat is held for the student, additional information and forms will be submitted for completion of final registration and enrollment.