Now Accepting online pre-registration applications for 2020-2021 school year (for assistance with accessing online application contact local school/program)
- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/20* who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program
- UCS Pre-k programs give enrollment preference to students that live in Sumter County, siblings of current UCS students and children of UCS faculty/staff members (contact school for more information
- No Registration Fee for this program
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origina or disability
Pre-registration Dates: January 15 – March 1
Forms: Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com Complete the Pre-Registration Form and submit birth certificate and proof of residence.
More Information: Visit http://www.children.alabama.gov and see Pre-Registration Info under First Class Pre-K.
Acceptance to the Program: Acceptance is strictly through random drawing to be held on March 3 at 9 AM in the UCS Auditorium. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Notices will be emailed beginning April 16th.
*An opinion of the Attorney GEneral states in effect that under the common law one’s age is computed by including the day of birth so that a given age is attained the day before the birthday anniversary. ~Ala.Code 16-28-4)1975 Interpretation based on Report of Attorney General of Alabama October-December 1963, Volume 113, page 20.
Enrollment for the 2020-2021 academic year will begin on December 1, 2019. Our enrollment process includes three phases: application, seat offering and acceptance, and final registration.
Applications accepted for K-10th Grade for Sumter County residents: December 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020
- If applications do not exceed capacity, Sumter County students will be offered available seats on a first-come, first serve basis
- If the number of Sumter County applicants exceeds capacity, a lottery for Sumter County residents will be held on February 13, 2020, at 4:00pm in the UCS Auditorium.
Enrollment for Sumter County residents is now open. For the application, please click here
Applications accepted for K-10th Grade non-Sumter County residents: February 1, 2020 – February 28, 2020
- If the number of applicants exceeds space remaining after Sumter County registration, a lottery for non-Sumter residents will be held on March 5, 2020.
- If the number does not exceed availability, this lottery will not be necessary, and students will be offered available seats on a first-come, first-served basis
- “Non-Sumter County residents” is defined as all Alabama residents that reside in any county other than Sumter County
Enrollment for Non-Sumter County residents will open on February 1, 2020.
Seat Offering and Acceptance:
Students offered seats at UCS via the enrollment process will receive letters from UCS. Parents/Guardians must then accept or decline the seat in that grade in order to move into the final registration process.
Following acceptance of a seat offer, the seat is held for the student, additional information and forms will be submitted for completion of final registration and enrollment.
2019-2020 Student Enrollment Post-Online Deadline Application:
This application is for Sumter County and Non-Sumter County applicants that wish to apply, but did not apply during the dates below:
Applications accepted for K-9th Grade for Sumter County residents: November 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019
Applications accepted for K-9th Grade non-Sumter County residents: February 1, 2019 – February 28, 2019
Applications received will be placed at the end of the current wait list or if there is an opening in the grade level you are applying for, you will receive an email from Ms. Cram. Click here for the application:
Lottery results will be posted here.