Dear UCS Families,The state of Alabama requires that all volunteers who will work in an unsupervised capacity with students have a current background check on record with the school. Some ways that parents/guardians with background checks can assist are: chaperoning field trips, escorting students from place to place, volunteering in a classroom, driving students to athletic games and field trips, etc.To obtain a background check:
Your privacy and security are of the utmost importance to both UCS and BIB. Private, nonessential information is not disclosed to system administrators, and BIB is PCI Certified, with safeguards to protect personal data and credit card information.Once the background check is complete, the volunteer will receive email notification regarding status and approval. Approved volunteers also receive a Secure Volunteer ID card, which they should bring, along with picture ID, to all volunteer events. If an ID card is lost, the volunteer is responsible for ordering a replacement at a charge of $5.00. Background checks must be conducted on an annual basis, and volunteers will not be allowed to use expired cards.To order replacement cards:
- See the link below, which will direct you to the secure, web based Background Information Bureau (BIB) site.
- Select the “Volunteer Now!” below or Click on the “Apply Now” in the graphic below.
- Follow the steps to submit your volunteer background check as a “Standard Volunteer”, and pay a small fee of $16.95 via credit card
- To be considered to drive/transport students to various field trips, athletic games, etc., then please be sure to select “Driver Volunteer”, and pay a small fee of $16.95 via credit card. Note, if you wish to be a Standard Volunteer as well as a Driver Volunteer, then you will only need to select “Driver Volunteer” and pay $16.95.
Individuals who would like to volunteer at UCS, but would prefer not to move forward with completing a background check, also have opportunity to do so. Simply contact your Teacher or Ms. Jana Cram (email@example.com) for additional information about opportunities that do not involve the supervision of students.We would like to thank all of our volunteers for everything that you do and for all of your support.
- Click the link above
- Select “Get a Replacement Card”
- Follow the steps to request a replacement, and pay $5.00 fee via credit card