Skip To Main Content


Giving to UCS

“You can DREAM, create, design, and BUILD the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires PEOPLE to make the dream a REALITY.” WALT DISNEY

University Charter School has embarked on an exciting journey to provide a first-class, inclusive educational option to the children of Sumter County and the Black Belt region.  This journey will not only impact the lives of these children, their families, and the community at large, but will also provide a model for rethinking rural education and thus renewing our rural areas.

True to our emphasis on collaboration, this journey will take a team effort.  We need the support of the community and organizations, via monetary gifts, to fully fulfill our mission of providing a rural, diverse PK-12 option that our children deserve.

Because there is a gap between what we receive in per pupil allocations and what is required to operate an exceptional charter school, we ask for your help.  Simply put, in our case the more funding we can obtain via charitable donations, the better the product we can provide our students.

For information regarding giving, please contact Dr. JJ Wedgworth at 205-652-5459,, or you can donate online at All contributions are tax deductible.

Together we can change the narrative about rural education and renew the Black Belt region.


  • ONE-TIME CASH GIFT Options include cash, check, wire transfer, ACH, credit card & payroll deduction
  • MONTHLY OR ANNUAL PLEDGE Make an annual or monthly pledge payable for up to five years
  • STOCKS OR MARKETABLE SECURITIES PERSONAL OR APPRECIATED PROPERTY Deed or deliver property to UCS LIFE INSURANCE Assign UCS as charitable beneficiary (or owner & beneficiary) of an existing or new policy
  • BEQUEST Include UCS in your will for a specific amount or per-centage of estate or a remainder gift after bequests to individuals have been paid University Charter School is a 501(c)(3) organization.

 Your contribution is deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your individual tax situation.